Pirates can do it too!!

Monday, September 04, 2006

Vandalize this!!

Today seemed like it would be a normal "weekend" type of day. Dad was going to help me do stuff around my house...(by this I mean move some dirt, that's all.) As we were doing this, my neighbor came over with her camera to tell us her house had been vandalized in the night. Dad informed her she needed to go talk to the local mechanic, because he too had had vandals.
Anyone who knows my animal lovin' neighbor, is well aware she does not deserve anyone to be mean to her. Amongst her beautiful European type garden is a pond of the sort that she has fish and frogs in. These kids thought it would be fun to take some of her decorations and throw them in to her pond. They knocked over a huge expensive filter for the pond. They threw her lawn chairs into the pond as well. Some of the decorations they smashed in the road. They actually took time to take the patriotic magnets off of her tail gate. She had 4 on there. Not only that, but they blocked her gate open so the fawn she is rehabilitating could get loose. (thank goodness it didn't.)

Come to find out, several houses were vandalized, including the mechanic's and the choir teacher's. Say what you will of the choir teacher, but I like him. Apparently all his kids were home for the weekend. The brats actually keyed 4 or 5 cars. To "key" the cars, they didn't just scratch them, they actually drew genitals on some of them.

All in all, these kids' night of adventure cost other people thousands of dollars. Yeah for stupid kids!

3 Comments:

Blogger thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

I hope they figure out who they are and make them pay for anything... and then some. Perhaps volunteer some of their time to help your neighbor care for those animals.

I hope the cops do a search on blogs/myspace. It's amazing the things kids say on those -- many 'a juvenile criminal has been caught that way.

Monday, September 04, 2006

 
Blogger XOXO said...

They didn't even take finger prints off of things that obviously had been touched by the kids.

I was thinking the same thing about them having to volunteer and help her. However, they seem the type to just make things worse for her. However, if they are caught and have to do probation, they should have to do community service here, and not the neighboring town, as all other kids I know have had to do. The YMCA is the only place around that allows kids to do community service. It's too much of a responsiblity for other people. (this makes no freaking sense to me!)

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

 
Blogger XOXO said...

Yes I was home. Normally Nora would have barked, but she had been at Mom and Dad's over the weekend and she was exhausted from playing with their dog. I didn't hear anything. That is the scariest part.

I agree my house is in a "good" spot. However, I don't really have that much stuff for them to randomly pick up and destroy. Though they could have gotten my fence. That would have really ticked me off. I've also been keeping my security light on every since this summer when sister's car got ransacked.

By the way, the key is gone like I promised. Now I just have to make sure I have a copy somewhere so I don't lock myself out.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home