Pirates can do it too!!

Monday, April 24, 2006

Here she is!!


Here is the picture of my baby. I got her last Saturday. Her name is Eleanor, but I also call her Nora. I guess that's what happens when you can't decide. This isn't the best pic, but I've had issues with the camera and Nora's movement. She is apparently primarily hound then terrier mix. She weighed 24.5 lbs Tuesday when we went to the vet. I was so excited to "save" a shelter dog. That is until she became ill. She either had a virus or worms. Mmm! She had to have a shot of antibiotics, 3 days of anti-worm stuff, and 10 days of something else that looks like asprin, and by Nora's reaction, must not taste much better. I also had the luxury of "collecting" a stool sample for the vet. Now this definitely was an unwelcomed task. I informed Eleanor that she had better live a long time because of my sacrifice. She seemed uninterested. I must say that I have never had a female dog before, so I'm a little uneasy about some things. You know, like her squating to pee. Yeah, I know some males do this, but it's just weird. I'm going to have to get her fixed in a couple of weeks. They gave me an option of using regular surgery, or laser. The laser cost nearly $50 more. Of course the vet talks up the procedure saying that it "Really is the best." I don't doubt that it is. However, for a mutt, I've already spent a lot of money. Not that mutts aren't the best dog in the world! I guess I'll do what I have to.

4 Comments:

Blogger thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

She looks sweet -- well worth the money it took to repair her.

[And doesn't Brody squat? Better on the floor than all over the walls, I suppose.]

Saturday, April 29, 2006

 
Blogger XOXO said...

It is better to not have her mark her territory. He doesn't squat often at all.

You should have heard what Dad AKA Mr Pouty Pants said when I told him about her. His first response was, "Well, you did two things wrong there." He of course doesn't think I should have gotten a girl, and then he claims I'm not home enough to take care of her. I'm pretty sure he's never gone more than a few months without a dog in his life. Do you think he'll ever stop being mean? Just because sis pissed him off doesn't mean he's got to be hateful to everyone.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Payton squatted, but he only had 3 legs, and he did try to lift but then he fell over. Hee hee hee

Sunday, April 30, 2006

 
Blogger XOXO said...

You seem to have a good of luck with pets as I do.
By the way, Pouty pants seemed OK with Nora. I took her up to their house since they just got home last night. Dad was sitting on the floor and Nora climbed into his lap. He let her stay for a little bit. She also decided that since we were all having supper in the kitchen that she too needed to be in there. She curled up on Dad's flannel jacket. He didn't make her move either. I love proving him wrong. ;)

Sunday, April 30, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home