Anna Nicole
To me the name is pretty familiar. I'm sure many people have heard of Anna Nicole. If you haven't, there is no way you can avoid learning all about her now. (unless you don't watch TV, read the Internet, or listen to the radio.) A train wreck is how some reporters lovingly refer to what was her life. Is it necessary to use the front page of CNN for the full spread (pun intended) that was her life? I saw a tribute to a soldier yesterday who died in the war. It was very touching and actually went into more detail about his family he left behind. It said he was something like number 3,142 to die for...well whatever the reason. After that 30 second tribute the show went back to dissecting Anna's life. My question is Why? Why is it necessary for us to consume ourselves with "train wrecks?"

2 Comments:
I actually thought about posting on this very topic, too. It annoyed me yesterday when the banner on MSNBC was "BREAKING NEWS: ANNA NICOLE SMITH BLACKED OUT" (this was before she was pronounced dead), whereas there were dozens of more pressing topics across the page.
That's not to say her death isn't sad in its own way. But that I cannot fathom why it's caused such a media frenzy.
Friday, February 09, 2007
I failed to mention when I was on CNN 3 out of the 4 most popular searches was something about Anna. It's disgusting that 20/20 already devoted an hour to her tonight.
Hey did you know that there are more important things in the world? It's not to say she wasn't important to some people. She just didn't hold a spot in my heart.
Friday, February 09, 2007
Post a Comment
<< Home