Pirates can do it too!!

Friday, November 24, 2006

Let's hear it for team work

Today is a day that some call "Black Friday," or "Green Friday." Call it what you will, it is pure humor to me. I'm not an early bird. I don't prefer to be up before the sun. BUT, Today is the day that no matter your sleep patterns, you have a choice. It could make you or break you.
At 4 am when my alarm first went off, I battled myself. "This is stupid!" "I might get a good deal!" The idea of a possible "good deal" was too enticing this year. You see, I needed a USB drive. Usually the cost of these are high, but today was the "Deal of the Year." Meijer was the only place I found to have more than 2 things I might need. As I walked in, the carts were not available because most of the people with carts were lined up around 3/4 of the store waiting to get a $150 TV for $50. I considered it. I really did. Then I realized if I would stand in line for an hour to get a TV, I would miss out on all the other deals. I sacrificed a new TV for Christmas gifts. Ugh! What was I thinking? As I strolled around the store bumping into random people blocking the isles, I thought maybe I would share what I saw:
  • A lady and I grab for a blanket at the same time. (she let me have it)
  • People calling eachother on their mobiles telling of their precise location in accordance with whatever sale items they might desire.
  • Bleary eyed children, and adults for that matter.
  • People leaving the store as I walked in 6 minutes after opening.
  • The full parking lot, and my car parked in the second to last spot all the way at the back.
  • Team work! Everywhere I looked there was team work. "You stand here, and I'll go try to find _____."
  • My disappearing cart. No one took it, it was just a little over filled. By a little I mean things kept falling on the floor.
  • Check out lines clear to the back of the store.
  • Disappointed faces when they realized I in fact had the cool blankets they wanted. "Snooze you lose!"
  • An empty TV box in the parking lot. Apparently they misjudged the size of their car.
  • NOT ONE cranky person!! (I'm not kidding, even the younger kids. They looked tired, not cranky)
  • People being helpful, even when my stuff was falling on them.

I'm not sure why everyone seemed to be in a good mood. Hopefully they'll still be in that kind of mood at the end of today, or when they realize the special mail in rebate isn't any good if you mail it too late. Hopefully that won't be me.

I hope that if you braved the crowds this morning, or anytime today, you will have had a decent of a time as I.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I'd been there... you wouldn't be able to make that statement about the lack of cranky shoppers.

Friday, December 01, 2006

 
Blogger XOXO said...

True. That is a good point. I recently was shopping with a younger nephew of mine that lives near. I was sadly reminded of times not so long ago where I would stop walking and be bumped into by someone who did not want to be there. Man, he hates shopping maybe more than you. Is that possible?

Friday, December 01, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home