I'll be a team player...just stop making me take it for the team.
So I thought I'd use some time to rant. Even if Mo is the only one who reads my stuff. I spent last week in California for business. I still can't believe I've come to a time in my life that I get paid to travel, even if it was only once. I feel like the training was equivalent to a summer camp. Not only did I get to spend a week with one of my good friend's from work, I also learned some amazing stuff. The training was for the Parent Project. It is the most interesting parenting class I've ever learned. Ironically this is probably the 4th or 5th class I've learned. It has a 98% success rate. Blah blah boring stuff. The cool thing is that now I am MUCH more marketable. Not only will this look great on my resume, I have some power at work. I'll make the company money while manipulating what I need and want. The problem is that everyone I work with is being a pain in my butt. Only one person will step up to help me facilitate a class because it is late at night, but everyone wants to whine and moan because they aren't making their hours, and they would have liked to go to LA. They don't give a crap that I've been busting my arse to get where I am now.
The title is what I told my boss earlier when I was barely stopping short of eye gouging my coworkers with the lame excuses as to why they couldn't help me. She told me I needed to be a team player. I don't have a problem being a team player. Really I don't. I'm just tired of taking "it" for the team. I also took the opportunity to tell her I know there is no "I" in team, but there is an "i" in "WIN" and "Raise." I think she thought I was somewhat funny. We'll see when it comes time for raises this year. There is so much more to the whole story, but it's boring and mundane if you don't know the fools I work around.

2 Comments:
Oh, my. Who's this "Mo"? You know what that's short for... right?
That "win" and "raise" thing is "clever." Funny that they say they want you to be a team player, but it honestly sounds like you're the only one ON the team.
But you're right — it'll all make you more marketable.
Friday, April 07, 2006
I think we all work with the people you are writing about.. I can count atleast 8 at my job..
Friday, April 07, 2006
Post a Comment
<< Home