Pirates can do it too!!

Friday, April 07, 2006

OK Misadventures

I'm still trying to get the hang of this blog. Thanks to Mo, (FYI--not short for homo, just short) I've been able to add more things.
So my misadventures continue to grow. Maybe some day I'll discuss the Big D adventure. No Mo, I don't mean that one... Anyway, last week was time well spent in OKC. I really love that city. It's like Nashville, but slower and quieter. We saw the memorial site of the bombing. The museum was nearly as heart wrenching as the concentration camp I visited in Germany. The dread I felt must be close to the dread Harry Potter feels when the death eaters are near.

Dog met up with me after my other friend left for her honeymoon. We didn't do much of anything, which was nice. It was just cool to hang out. I tried to leave Sunday, but the weather wouldn't allow it. I became a "distressed passenger" (the airline's term, not so much mine...) I had to stay an extra night in OKC while expensing it myself. The hot tub and fitness room were enjoyable though. I made it home a day later than planned which made me miss a day of work and class. Overall, it was a good trip. I just don't understand why I have to go over my budget every time I go some where because of things which I have no control.

It's all about the adventure...Right?

4 Comments:

Blogger thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

It's that outlook, and that outlook alone, that makes travel possible.

I take that back. Neck pillows help, too.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

 
Blogger thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

PS- Who you callin' short?

Saturday, April 08, 2006

 
Blogger XOXO said...

So I guess the comment moderation thing doesn't work well when I don't check for comments. I just thought that this post wasn't of interest. So you caught the short of joke? Remember, you are taller than me.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

 
Blogger thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

You can set it up you can approve through e-mail, too! Otherwise, you have to login and select "comment moderation" to see and approve (or reject) them.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home